Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Scooter Update

The consensus amongst my friends and neighbors has been to liberate Scooter, preferably at night, and whisk him away to our new home when we move this summer. Or to call the Humane Society and tattle on his owners. However, after stalking his residence for the past five days, I don't really think that the kidnapping plan is realistic. It seems that there is always someone home at Scooter's house, and they stay up rather late. Maybe all night from what I can tell. And he lives with a giant black lab that acts as a watchdog and would certainly alert the little druggies to covert activities taking place in the yard.

I did drop by yesterday during daylight hours just to say "hi" to dear old Scooter. He was still wearing the collar that I bought him, and the kids that live in the house assured me that all of their fleabags have now been treated. So if they are making an effort to properly watch after their pack, I would feel really guilty turning them into the authorities.

I'm not saying I'm totally giving up. I mean, if his gate flies open again and I see him running straight into my arms, I certainly won't be returning him a second time. I will just dye him dark brown and give him some blue contacts. Maybe even teach him an accent.

For the full Scooter story, click here, then here.

3 comments:

das said...

you have to wait until the day before you move and then snag him.

i'm still trying to make it through the puppy stage with lucy, our doberman. we got her the same weekend that we found out i was pregnant....

DeeAnne said...

oh! you have a puppy! post some pics!

do you still have cats?

Griselda Q said...

I agree with das, SNAG THAT DOG. He will be way off better with you. Lola looks so happy in the pics with him. Rubber Turkeys Snags Pooch and Saves the Day!!!!!!